On May 25, 2010, the U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations will hold a business meeting at the Capitol Building in S-116 at 2:15 p.m.
Presided by Senator John Kerry, the meeting will go over the following legislation:
- S 3317: Haiti Empowerment, Assistance and Rebuilding Act of 2010
- S 3193: International Cyberspace and Cybersecurity Coordination Act of 2010
- S 3104: A bill to permanently authorize Radio Free Asia, and for other purposes
- S Res 469: A resolution recognizing the 60th Anniversary of the Fulbright Program in Thailand
- S Res 532: A Resolution recognizing Expo 2010 Shanghai China and the USA Pavilion at the Expo
The meeting will also review two nominations for the Broadcasting Board of Governors:
- Michael P. Meehan to be a Member for a term expiring August 13, 2010
- Dana M. Perino to be a Member for a term expiring August 13, 2012
If nominations are approved, all eight BBG nominees' names will be on the Senate floor, subject to the final step in the confirmation process.