With some (ok a lot) hesitation, here is my response to the Meme of 7, which I answer only because I caused an earlier meme...
I have been tagged (twice) and will open the kimono a little here.
Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger (see above) and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
5. Present an image of martial discord from whatever period or situation you’d like.
Here are the facts (the selection of which may be influenced by a recent post):
1. I learned to type when I was 8 (maybe 6) on a game called Adventure, a text-based game in the age of green screens and modems with acoustic couplers. I could type “get axe” and “throw axe” really, really fast, even though the game was anything but real-time. “Plugh”.
2. I watched a Charles Bronson movie “in” an outdoor theater on Mali Losinj, an island off of what was then Yugoslavia.
3. I met my wife because of 9/11 and triathlon. I filled in for her Team in Training triathlon coaches when they were forced to drive instead of fly to a race because all the planes were grounded.
4. I have a modeling injury: a permanent scar resulting from an all day Maxim photo shoot.
5. I sat on the curb twice before struggling to finish my first 5k.
6. My typical training weekend for the years I raced Ironman triathlons included 90 - 105 mile bike on Saturday, usually with lots of hills, followed the next day by a 3 mile ocean swim and a 10-18 mile run. No family (or blog) back then. I was also 40 lbs lighter than when I ran my first 5k.
7. I sang for beer in a Karoke bar in Fujishiro when I was high school freshman on student exchange. My co-singer, a red-headed exchange student, and I were the only geigen in the place, and needless to say, we were a hit (doubtful it was because of our dulcet tones) and were rewarded with more beer.
No tagging... my last meme got out of control.